Once the through road to the "Great Park", one of Coventry's most ancient and appropriately named streets is Much Park Street, seen here in 1912 and 2003. The views above are looking in a northwards direction from what is now the south end of the street, but once continued beyond the Ring Road. This street suffered greatly during the blitz and as a result Whitefriars gate, now a toy museum, is only one of two surviving buildings in the whole road.
The bombing did throw up one unexpected surprise, though. Halfway down the road on the right, an ancient house was revealed from amongst the bombed wreckage which can just be seen in the modern day photograph above.